- Head to the Gmail sign-in page.
- Click the “Forgot Password” link.
- Enter the last password you remember. If you can’t remember one, click “Try a different question.”
- Enter the secondary email address you used when you set up your Gmail account to get a password reset email.
I know many of us have been through this. Forgot your Google account password? Or, for some reason, you account has been blocked and suspended. And the only thing that remains is the account email address which you can’t use to reset your forgotten password. After all, with almost everything in digital form these days – from bills to important documents like birth certificates or SSS records – it’s easy to see how a lost or compromised Google account could have massive consequences. Whether it’s an accidental oversight or someone else maliciously gaining access to your login information, such incidents are likely quite unnerving. But there are options available if for any reason you find yourself locked out of your online accounts—from Gmail to Blogger and–and you don’t have access to your password.
While Google itself doesn’t offer an option for retrieving a lost or forgotten password, there are third-party options that do. In this post we’ll take a look at how to reset and recover your account using the most popular of such offerings: Google Account Recovery Tool (GART). In addition, I will show you how to reset/change your Google account email address if it’s already been changed by someone else. If you have signed in into the wrong browser accidentally, then read this article on How To Change Browser Login From Chrome to Firefox . You can also change from Firefox login to Mozilla here .
Why You Should Backup Your Gmail Data?
Backup is important when you are using any Google products. Google products include Gmail, Facebook, Twitter and etc… when you sign up to these services for the first time will create a google account that will be used to access those service. The benefit is with this account you can get many features such as a free g mail email address.
How do I backup my Gmail data?
This approach is very simple, but it involves backing up all your personal data on your computer system (your desktop or laptop). Follow these steps:
1) Download G-mail Backup Tool from here http://toolkits.igeeksblogging.com/gmail-backup/ 1) Before you begin backup new G-mail content , please log in into your google account.
2) After that, click on “Compose” to create a new G-mail message in order to backup your existing data from your new/current account.
3) Now Name the file as you want and then choose a destination directory where you want to save this file. The username will be automatically saved when you send the email from Gmail because it is embedded inside the email itself. In addition, when the recipient of the email opens it in his mail box, he can see the image preview that is stored with in that file as well.
How do I restore my Gmail data?
This approach involves restoring all your personal data from your computer system (your desktop or laptop). Follow these steps:
1) Download G-mail Backup Tool from here http://toolkits.igeeksblogging.com/gmail-backup/
2) Before you begin restore new G-mail content , please log in into your google account.
3) Now, click on “View” button to open the Google file which you want to restore from Gmail . If the file is not opening then try a different option by clicking on this link: https://docs.google.com/uc?id=0Bzw8fXDY1x5dQlVjTVM4NmZ6bzA&export=download 4) Now, save that file by choosing any of the following options:
a) Right click on the file, then choose “save as” and choose a destination directory.
b) Choose “Save As” using the menu options at top of window. This choice is good if you wanted to save in Google Drive because if you have any account created earlier in Gmail it will automatically add all your personal documents from previous accounts into Google drive where you can easily access them via desktop web browser without downloading anything to your computer system.
5) Now restore new G-mail content , please log in into your google account . After that follow these steps: 5) Nowthat file by choosing one of these two options : – (a) Choose an existing folder or create a new folder inside Google Drive then click on “UPLOAD”. Now select file that you want to restore from Email Backup Tool.
– (b) or if you don’t have a Google Drive account yet, then add one for free by clicking here: https://drive.google.com/start/?hl=en# , which is the easiest way to backup your files online.
6) Sign in into Google account that you want to save all your data. You can now see that file is inserted automatically into the folder where you selected or created it previously for example Google Drive. The new email messages and old ones will go on top of each other depending upon when those messages were sent by Gmail server. When this happens, just drag them and drop them on top of each other so they are in chronological order from oldest to newest, i.e., the one which was sent first must be at the bottom and the more recent one (sent most recently) must be at the top (or vice versa). That’s it! Now you have successfully restored/backed up your G-mail data.
1. Head to the Gmail sign-in page.
2. Click the “Forgot Password” link.
3. Enter the last password you remember. If you can’t remember one, click “Try a different question.”
4. Enter the secondary email address you used when you set up your Gmail account to get a password reset email.
To enable this feature for your account, just sign in. If you forget your password, enter your username on the password-assistance page and Google will text you a recovery code.