Change AOL email to a free account follow the instructions below:
- Click My Services | Subscriptions to access your account information.
- Click Manage next to your subscription.
- Click Change Plan.
- Review the confirmation page.
- Select a reason for canceling from the drop-down menu.
- Then click Cancel My Billing.
How to change AOL email password
How to change your display name in AOL® Mail
People who have been using AOL email for a long time may be wondering how to change their account from an AOL free account to something else. This is not as difficult as it sounds, and can be done in just a few steps.
First of all, you need to make sure your old email address is no longer being used by anyone else. If someone has taken over the old one, you will need to either take back ownership or create a new one if this is not possible. It’s also important that you do not delete anything from your inbox until after the transfer process is complete because there are some things that cannot be transferred automatically between accounts which means they’ll end up lost forever if it happens before the switchover takes place. In this situation, you can save these messages to your computer or external storage so they can be transferred manually.
AOL only offers paid email services. You must create a new email with an address that is not tied to AOL’s services, following the steps below:
1. Open your web browser and go to www.gmail.com – This is Google’s mail service which you can use for free with plenty of storage space. Click on the pink ‘Create an Account’ button in the center of the page (try not to choose anything else)
2. You will be taken through account setup process, where it will ask you for your Gmail username (this is linked to your personal details like name and address), password, what type of phone you have, whether or not you want ads Google sends out on their products displayed on devices, and so on.
3. Once you have a Gmail account, your next step should be to delete all of the emails currently associated with the AOL email address being used for this task. Login to AOL and go to “My Account” in the left sidebar. Then click on Mail Options > Email Settings. In the pop-up window that appears, choose View Full Profile then find and select your old email address from the list that comes up. Scroll down until you see Delete.
If you pay for your AOL account, you may use a free AOL account and keep your AOL email addresses, software, settings, and bookmarked favorite places as long as you like.
Explain your issue to the AOL customer service representative, who will sympathize and agree to cancel your paid membership while yet keeping your AOL email. They may argue, but they will do what you ask. Make a note of all of the AOL officials with whom you speak.
“AOL Mail is a web-based product that is free to use for all customers, regardless of their existing AOL membership status,” Aol PR informed me when I asked why these headlines (somewhat confusedly) imply that they charge for it.
Your username is the complete email address for non-AOL email addresses. You have the option to terminate your membership at any moment. … You can’t alter or modify your current username, unfortunately. If you want a new one, you’ll need to start a new account.
Starting on October 20, 2020, AOL will no longer support the current sign-in functionality in your app. This implies you’ll need to take one of the actions below to continue using your AOL Mail without interruption after that date.
However, the brand that became a portal into the internet in its early days has been removed. The brand will be phased out as part of Verizon’s $5 billion media asset sale to Apollo Global Management, which included AOL and Yahoo, announced Monday.
The initial option is AOL Ad-Free Email — subscriptions.aol.com/products/ad-free-aol-mail, which costs $4.99 per month and essentially provides the same services as Free Email except no third-party advertising will get in the way of usage.
Go to Gmail and log in. On the right, select the cog icon then Accounts & Import. Select Check Email from Other Accounts and Add an Email Account. In the pop-up window that appears, type your AOL email address and hit Next. Make sure you have the correct email server information and enter your AOL password as needed.
Yes, you can. AOL email is not tied to your Internet service provider, so you may take it with you if you switch ISPs or move to a new country.