Deactivate Facebook on laptop following the instructions below:
- Click at the top right of any Facebook page.
- Click Settings, then click Your Facebook Information in the left column.
- Click Deactivation and Deletion.
- Choose Deactivate Account.
- Then click Continue to Account Deactivation and follow the instructions to confirm.
How to Delete Facebook Account Permanently on PC
How to Deactivate Facebook Account
The internet is a wonderful thing. It’s also an incredibly powerful tool that can be used to help change the world for the better, but it comes with some pretty big downsides. One of those downsides is how easy it can be to get distracted by all of the amazing things out there and lose focus on your original task. If you want to free up some time in your day, or just want to avoid getting sucked into hours-long rabbit holes on Facebook, here are three ways you can deactivate Facebook on your laptop:
1) Turn off WiFi when you need uninterrupted work time (or anytime at all). 2) Install this browser extension called No More Distractions which blocks access to distracting websites like YouTube and Facebook. 3) As of early 2018, Facebook has rolled out a new feature called ‘Take A Break’ which lets you set yourself an automatic vacation. Every couple of weeks, it will remind you that it’s time to take a break and suggest that maybe you should deactivate for the rest of the day (or week).
Scroll down and select Settings. Account Ownership and Control, along with Your Facebook Information, are located below that. Select Deactivation & Deletion from the drop-down menu. Tap Continue to Account Deactivation after selecting Deactivate Account. Confirm by following the on-screen instructions.
Click the top right of Facebook. > Settings & Privacy > Settings Then, under Your Facebook Information, click Deactivation and Deletion. Select Deactivate Account from the drop-down menu, then Continue to Account Deactivation to complete the process.
Go to “Settings” and select the option labeled “Security.” Facebook. nSelect “General” in the left column. Manage Your Account should be selected. Facebook. Select “Deactivate Your Account,” then follow the on-screen directions to confirm your decision.
Go to your Facebook account’s settings (by selecting the drop-down arrow in the upper right corner of the screen). If Facebook doesn’t take you there by default, select General Account Settings. Next, even though deactivation is fully reversible, Facebook will prompt you to be sure.
Ready! Log into Facebook and go to the settings (the gear wheel) in the left menu. Go to Security in the account settings on the left side menu. At the bottom of this page, there is a link called “Deactivate your account,” click on it. A confirmation page will appear; confirm it by clicking on it. You’re all set!
Open the Facebook iOS app and swipe down from the bottom right corner. Tap on Settings & Privacy, then again on Settings. Swipe down once more to Account Ownership and Control. Tap Deactivation or Deletion to proceed.