- Go to ‘Profile’. Open Contact info.
- Click on ‘Email’ option.
- Open free email account tab and tap on ‘Manage’. Click ‘Next’.
- Go to ‘Member ID’ and select ‘Delete an account’.
- Select ‘OK’. You will get verification message on the screen.
How to Delete Your Yahoo! Email Account
How do I delete my SBCGlobal email account video
To begin the deletion process, follow these steps:
1) Visit the SXSW website at www.sxsw.com/email. This page will provide insight into your current accounts status in its “Account Status” section towards the bottom of the screen. The options are either active or closed, which can be seen in one of our screenshots below. You’ll then need to click on the red ‘Close Account’ button that appears when it reads “closed”.
2) You will then be prompted to enter in your SXSW ID and password, which is the email account that you wish to delete. Upon successfully entering in this information, click on the ‘continue button.
3) You will be brought to a page where it says “Account Closed”, which you’ll want to click on the ‘Close my profile’ link towards the bottom of this screen. Doing so will bring up another screen where they’ll ask for your password, along with an optional PIN code if you’d like one to remember your personal preferences on future visits instead of having them ask for some or all of this information again. After filling out these fields, hit continue at the bottom. This will officially close down your Sbcglobal email account associated with SXSW.
4) While the account is closed, the messages are still present in your inbox unless you delete them manually. Please note that messages within this particular email account will be permanently deleted after 30 days of account closure, so for now it’s best to save messages to a local hard drive or flash media before deleting them altogether. This way you won’t lose anything! To delete messages back on PC go into “Notes”, select any message, and hit DELETE. You can then exit out of Notes and all messages will be deleted automatically afterward. If you’re using an iPhone or Tablet device please contact Sbcglobal customer care at 1-800-865-0955 with your registered email (SXSW) along with the device you’re using to delete messages.
5) To edit your account preferences with SXSW please visit our article on How do I update my SXSW email settings? This will show where your profile is found and what options are available for you to select, which includes updating your account in case you’d like a different one in the future. Otherwise, it can remain inactive and in good standing unless and until if and when you’ve changed your mind! Just remember that once a Sbcglobal email account is closed it cannot be reactivated again [http://www.sxsw.com/email].
Yes, messages can be recovered from a deleted Sbcglobal account for a fixed time frame only if they have not been permanently deleted within 24 hours. If you are using POP3 protocol for receiving mails, all emails will remain in the inbox of your main email address until 30 days after which they will be moved to spam folder. In case you are using webmail service on sbcglobal domain without downloading messages on local computer, those messages will remain in the trash folder for 72 hours from the moment deletion process has been initiated. Now that you know how to delete an account with Sbcglobal and how it works once deleted, make sure that no important data is left behind before initiating a deletion process.
Once your account is deleted, it can never be recovered so you have to make sure that all important data has been saved before starting the deletion process. If you are using POP3 protocol for receiving mails, they will still remain in inbox of your main email address for 30 days after which they will be moved to spam folder. However, if you are using webmail service on Sbcglobal domain without downloading emails on local computer, all messages will be permanently deleted within 24 hours of initiating deletion process.
First of all, Sbcglobal is an online email provider owned by SBC Communications. The company provides both free and paid services to their users. However, if you want to delete your Sbcglobal account because you no longer need it, the process is simple enough but you should keep in mind that deleting an account can never be reverted.
To delete a Sbcglobal account, go to the following link: https://www.sbcgobal.com/membercenter/page?_ga=1.590109876.1529255580.1437880047 and click on “Delete your Account”. Enter your full name, email address, and password used for signing up at sbcglobal and click “Continue” button located at the bottom of the page to start the deletion process. If you want to log in again after deleting your email account, use the lost password function or recover using the alternate email address that may have been used during registration process with sbcglobal. Note that if you no longer have access to an alternate address, there is very little possibility to recover the lost account.
Once you log in, click on “Account” button at the top left corner of the page and then select “Delete your Account”. After reading provided information about deleting an account, press “Continue” button located at the bottom of the page. You will be asked if you are sure that you want to delete your account. Press “Ok” once again after confirming this fact. Your Sbcglobal email account will be deleted within 1-2 business days. During this period, there is no way to locate or restore your lost account so make sure that you create backup email address before initiating deletion process. Also make note that all documents associated with this e-mail address will also be removed forever including attachments which are not backed up or printed.
To delete a Sbcglobal email account go to the profile page, click on ‘delete my account’ and follow the prompts. To further protect your personal information you may want to change any stored passwords created with this account.
If you are considering permanently deleting your SBCGlobal email address, there are some steps that must be taken first before you’re able to carry out this action. It is necessary for all users of an email address hosted by SBCGlobal servers to either forward their email or create an auto-reply message in order for mail sent through our system that’s meant for your address isn’t undelivered when gone.