- Try to recover your Facebook password.
- Go to https://www.facebook.com/login/identify to search for your account.
- Use Facebook’s Trusted Friends feature.
- Report your old account as fake.
- There is no option four (at least no easy one)
How to Recover Your Facebook Account When You Can’t Login
How To Permanently Delete Facebook Account
Write an article about how you can delete your old Facebook account. It seems that this is becoming a trend today, with many people deciding to delete their account due to privacy issues or just because they are bored of it. Whatever the reason, there are different ways on how to delete your Facebook account. Here’s what you need to know!
Before you delete your Facebook account, you have to know that this will not be reversible. Yes, it’s a long process but once you do it, there is no going back. So make sure that the decision is final before you proceed with deleting your account for good.
You’re not stuck with your old Facebook account just because you can’t access it. It’s easy. Just follow these steps:
1) Log into the Account Settings page by clicking on the small down arrow located in the upper right-hand side of any Facebook Page and then selecting Privacy Settings from the drop-down menu that appears, or going to https://www.facebook.com/settings?tab=privacy#!/privacy_page and scrolling down to “Deactivate your account,”
2) Select “Delete my account” from this list of options, verify that you want to delete your account by typing in a captcha code which is displayed on screen, and click “Confirm.”
3) You are now redirected to a page where you can edit your account information or leave it as is. If you would like to keep some of your photos, notes, and Likes, this is the time to do so. For example, if you want to keep any pictures of yourself that have been tagged in photos with friends or family members, click on “Edit Photos” under step 1. Make the edits you need and then scroll down to step 4.
4) Now simply enter your password again in order to verify that you are authorized for this change, check off “I understand” at the bottom of screen by clicking on it, click “Get Started” under step 5 on the right-hand side screen and you’re done.
5) After clicking “Get Started,” you will be prompted to enter your password and captcha code one more time before Facebook asks if you would like them to send a confirmation link via email. If it doesn’t appear, click the “Send Confirmation Email” button again and wait for the next page that will allow you to get back into your account after deleting it. Some browsers like Chrome do not always display the correct screen when confirming this web form. It might be necessary to select “Cancel” on web form errors or close out of the browser and come back in order to get the “Confirm Deletion Request” dialog box.
6) Enter your email address and click on “Submit” to finish deleting your Facebook account.
Tap the name of the profile you’re attempting to report. Then select Support or Report Profile from the drop-down menu. Select Something Else, then Next. Follow the instructions to recover this account.
To force quit an app on your iPhone, open the Settings app and go to Users & Privacy. Select “Accounts,” then choose “Forgot password?” from the dropdown menu. If that doesn’t work, go to Settings and select Facebook > Login/Identify and follow the instructions. Make sure you’re using a computer or mobile phone that you’ve used before to log into your Facebook account. Look for the account you want to recover. You can look for your account by name, email address, or phone number.
If you’ve changed your email address or switched to a new phone number on Facebook, you may be able to log back in using an alternative email address or mobile number previously used. Log back in to Facebook by visiting facebook.com/login/identify and following the instructions using a computer or mobile phone that you’ve previously used to access your account.
To resolve the error “Your Account is Temporarily Locked” on Facebook, fill out the “Report a login problem” form. Alternatively, you can use the “Security checks preventing login” and “Confirm your identity with Facebook” forms to contact Facebook directly.
You can reactivate your Facebook account at any time by returning to Facebook or by using your Facebook account to log in somewhere else. Keep in mind that you’ll need access to the email address or phone number you use to log in. If you forget your password, you may request a new one.
If you’re having trouble verifying your identity because you don’t have access to the phone number or email address you created, Facebook is unable to confirm your identification. Select Continue if you’ve completed the verification procedure and received a reset code. Create a new password and continue.
If you log in with another account and don’t have access to the phone number or email address used to create your account, Facebook allows you to restore it by providing a new phone number or email address through which they may contact you.
If you’re having difficulty logging into your Facebook profile, there are a few things you can try. Log in to facebook.com/login/identify and follow the steps. Make sure you’re using a computer or phone that you’ve used before to access your Facebook account.
Users can remove their own accounts in the “Security” section of their account settings, but Facebook may also delete accounts as a result of breach of terms of service or reports that an account is being used by malware, phishing applications, or other illicit software.