- On your computer, open a web browser.
- Go to the Brand Accounts section of your Google Account.
- Choose the account you want to delete.
- Click Delete account.
- Enter your password.
- Click Delete account.
If you delete your YouTube channel, any video associated with the channel will also be deleted. Please keep in mind that if you have a lot of videos on your account and you decide to delete them all, it can take several days for all of them to disappear from the site because our systems process each video individually. If you decide to delete selected videos instead of your entire account, please keep in mind that they must not contain content that is owned or licensed by anyone else. If we find that they do, YouTube may remove only the videos using third-party content rather than removing the entire channel.
Please wait 24 hours before deleting your accounts (or related channels) as there may be information still published via keyword search results. This information is automatically deleted after a period of time. If you have a partner account, you cannot delete the YouTube channel without deleting your entire Google Account.
Only the creator/owner of an account can delete it – if you want someone else to be able to manage your account on your behalf, please share with them your username and password. For more information, visit our help center article regarding managing accounts for business or personal use .
Can I change my old username & Can I get my username taken off of videos that are already up?
If another user has chosen a username similar to yours and posted content under this name, simply contact us with details about what video(s) you’d like changed and we’ll investigate this issue. Unfortunately, we cannot change channel or video titles once the content has been published on YouTube.
If you created your account years ago and would like to change your username now, we’ll do this for you – simply follow the steps above about deleting an entire channel or a single video.
I want to close my YouTube channel to new videos but I don’t want people being able to watch all of my old videos! Can I delete just some of them?
Unfortunately, if you delete everything on a certain day that means there’s no date showing anymore in your profile info section so any future viewers will be able to see and watch all of your previously uploaded videos. We suggest using the privacy setting features in your account instead (available at youtube.com/account_privacy). This will allow you to hide some of your videos from being viewable to certain people, but not to the public as a whole.
For more information about deleting accounts or videos, visit our help center article.
What should I do if my username is taken already? How can I get my username?
If someone has taken your name before you and is impersonating you on YouTube, please use the form below. Include details about each account you’d like us to check out and we’ll review them 24-48 hours after receiving the report. Please remember that YouTube’s policy requires that all claims of ownership be verified by original documentation:
Report video(s) that violates my copyright
YouTube also has a system for reporting impersonating accounts. If you have a brand channel and wish to report another account with the same username, please fill out this form : https://www.google.com/support/youtube/?p=report_impersonator . To report impersonation on an individual video, use the instructions above about changing your username instead of creating new videos under a different name.
What should I do if my account is suspended?
If your account has been suspended, there are a few things you can try:
1) Verify all of the information in your YouTube profile. To do this, go to youtube.com/account_verify and enter the email address associated with your account : .
2) If you’ve forgotten which e-mail address is linked to your Google Account, please follow these steps first and then return to youtube.com/account_verify. The video will walk you through how to find out what e-mail addresses are tied to it. Please note that we’re unable to see or change other members’ accounts on YouTube; you’ll have to contact them directly for help with their YouTube account.
For more information about account suspensions, visit our help center article.
How do I turn off comments?
To disable comments on your videos:
1) Go to youtube.com/comments_settings and click the “cancel” link next to the box titled “Enable Comments.”
2) To choose which users are able to comment on your videos after you’ve enabled them, select from one of these options in the drop-down menu under “Who can post comments on this video?” : Public , Anyone , or Authenticated Users (YouTube accounts registered with a Google Account). Please note that if you change this setting, it will only apply to new comments posted after you make the change.
3) To review comments on your videos before they are posted to your channel: you must first enable comments and then select either Public, Anyone, or Authenticated users from the drop-down menu under “Who can post comments on this video?” If you have enabled a certain level of commenting access for viewers but would like to approve each comment before it is posted to your channel, please follow these steps 1) Go to youtube.com/comments_settings and click the “cancel” link next to the box titled 2) Click the checkbox next to each comment that you wish to remove in order from the oldest date posted (top left corner of the page). The status column will automatically be updated with an X. In order to view comments made before YouTube enabled this feature, please go to youtube.com/comments_old and copy the link address of the comment you wish to view and paste it into a new browser tab or window. 3) Click “Remove Comments” on the page below: 4) If you have any questions about using this form, please visit our help center article, which can be accessed by clicking here 5) Please note that although we make every effort to keep your channel free from spam content, we’re unable to guarantee that all videos will be deleted once removed because some users might re-upload their video with a different title (or no title at all).
What should I do if my video was claimed by someone else?
If you’ve come across a video on YouTube that you didn’t create, please follow these steps:
1) Go to youtube.com/dispute_video and click the red “Dispute This Video” button.
2) If your video was claimed while you were logged in, please select “This isn’t my video.” from the drop-down menu under “I disagree with the claim made by”: The claimant had the wrong title or thumbnail for their video (ex: My Cute Cat). I use their content under fair use but this is an inappropriate claim. The claimant used part of my video without permission (ex: Justin Bieber – Baby ft Ludacris). I have the right to submit my video under fair use.
The claimant and I both produce similar videos (ex: The Partridge Family – I Think I Love You).
3) Please be sure to include your original video’s title, URL link, and a brief description of why you think the claim is invalid. To view a list of factors we consider in our review process, please click here .
4) If the other user does not respond within seven days, YouTube will make all reasonable efforts to restore your video or channel access.
5) If the other user disputes the dispute, it will be reviewed by our staff. If sufficient evidence is provided, we’ll restore your video or channel access. Otherwise, we may terminate either one for abuse of our policies.
6) If you have any questions about using this form, please visit our help center article, which can be accessed by clicking here.
What should I do if my account was disabled?
If you’ve come across a video on YouTube that you didn’t create and believe your account has been disabled as a result of the video, please follow these steps:
1) Go to youtube.com/missing_channel and click the red “Missing Account?” button.
2) To confirm that your channel is missing from Youtube (and not just hidden), please provide us with the email address associated with your account: 2a ) Select an option from one of these drop-down menus under “Was your account disabled?” : I did not know about and/or agree to the Terms of Service (TOS) violation. I was sending YouTube a message about my missing channel but accidentally clicked “Submit.”
2b ) Please be sure to include the email address associated with your account, which you entered in step 2a above, as well as a brief description of how you think your account was disabled by mistake. To view our dispute policy, please click here.
3) If we determine that your account was disabled in error, we will reactivate it within 72 hours. Otherwise, if we believe necessary steps were taken to resolve a TOS issue, we may reactivate the channel only after you have agreed to our Terms of Service and Community Guidelines.
4) If your account was disabled because you were sending us a message about a missing or deleted profile or channel, please submit a separate request form. To access the form, please click here.
1. On your computer, open a web browser.
2. Go to the Brand Accounts section of your Google Account.
3. Choose the account you want to delete.
4. Click Delete account.
5. Enter your password.
6. Click Delete account.
A YouTube Brand account is a business account you can activate and manage through your personal channel. This Brand Account gives your business a YouTube presence with the company’s unique name, branding, content, and allows for adding Channel managers to help manage it.
To delete your Google account, go to the Brand Accounts section of your Google Account. Choose the account you want to delete and tap Delete Account. Enter your password and confirm that you are ready for it to be deleted by tapping Delete Account again next to the option “Delete everything.”