- Tap Settings > [your name], then tap iTunes & App Store.
- Tap your Apple ID.
- Tap View Apple ID. You might be asked to sign in.
- Scroll to the iTunes in the Cloud section, then tap Remove This Device.
How to restore your iPhone if you forgot your passcode – Apple Support
Is your iTunes library out of control? You may have a lot more devices than you think. Every time you sync your iPhone, iPad, or iPod with your computer, it adds the device to your list in iTunes—even if you’ve already synced it before. And every time Apple releases a new iOS version and updates iTunes for Mac OS X or Windows, there are always reports that some people can’t get their devices to sync because they have too many entries in their “Devices” section of the program. The only way to fix this is by manually removing old entries from iTunes. Here’s how:
1) Open up iTunes and go into Edit mode (Cmd+E).
2) Select all items on the left (Cmd+A).
3) For all the items selected, choose File > Delete.
4) You’ll see a warning message telling you that this will delete these items from your iTunes library and sync history: If you’re sure, click Delete to remove the entries and clean up your “Devices” list in iTunes. 5) Repeat for all devices, then close Edit mode (Cmd+E again). /credit: How-To Geek
How to remove an associated device or computer from an Apple® ID
Write an article about how iTunes is a very useful tool to have, but it can be frustrating when you want to play with or sync your device but you can’t because the software won’t recognize it. So follow these tips for deleting devices with iTunes!
* Open iTunes. You can do this by clicking the icon on your desktop, double clicking it in the Start menu, or going to Start > all Programs > iTunes. * If a window pops up that allows you to sync with one of your devices, cancel it by closing the program or choosing Cancel from the File menu. * Go to Edit > Preferences and select Devices. Uncheck any devices listed here for which you don’t want to allow synchronization. * Click Apply and OK when finished. The device will be removed from your list of authorized computers or iPods in about a minute or two if this is successful.
Sometimes there are issues with erroneous information being sent back and forth between iTunes and your/iPhone/iPad, in which case you’ll get the dreaded ‘unknown error 1451’. But fear not! There’s a way to get it fixed easily.
First off, make sure your device is plugged in and the USB cable is firmly connected. If you are still having issues after trying this method, contact apple online or take your device into an Apple store for further help.
1) Open iTunes on your computer > click Edit at the top of the screen > Preferences 2) Go to Devices > Uncheck Sync only checked items 3) Click Apply 4) Connect your iPhone/iPad to your computer using a USB cable 5) At this point you should see either No Device Detected or Invalid Response Received 6) To fix this, hold down the sleep/wake button and home button at the same time for 10 seconds. Your device should shut down completely. 7) Turn the device back on by pressing the sleep/wake button in a similar fashion to restarting a computer 8) Connect your iPhone/iPad to iTunes again and wait for it to sync
9) Check whether your issue is resolved.
After that, sign in with a different Apple ID to establish a new account. Merge your data to combine accounts. You may each go to iCloud.com and remove the other person’s data from your account after making significant improvements to improve readability and syntax.
How to unsync the iPhone
Connect your iPhone to your computer and launch iTunes if it doesn’t start automatically. click the name of your iPhone under the Devices list. click on each tab to deselect the Sync checkbox for that type of data. Select “Summary” from beneath the drop-down menu, then uncheck “Sync This iPhone Over WiFi.”
How to Remove Your Apple ID from Your iPhone
Open the Settings app on your iPhone. Then, at the top of the screen, tap your Apple ID. Next, select iTunes and App Store. Then go to View Apple ID and remove this device. To return to your Apple ID page, touch the back button.
In the iTunes in the Cloud panel, click “Manage Devices.” This will only appear if you have multiple devices linked to your Apple ID. 5. On the Manage Devices page, you’ll see a list of all the gadgets connected to your Apple ID. To disconnect any devices, click “Remove.”
Stop sharing a file
Open the home screen for Google Drive, Google Docs, Google Sheets, or Google Slides. Select a file or folder. Tap Share or Send to share it. Find the individual you don’t want to share with anymore. Tap the Down arrow next to their name. Delete it from your contacts list if necessary by tapping Remove and then Save in the pop-up menu.
How to delete your Apple ID account
Log into Apple’s Data and Privacy website with your Apple ID. Click the link to Request to delete your account under Delete your account. Select a reason for deletion from the dropdown menu, then click Continue on the new page.
You will have all of each other’s information on both phones if you use the same data, with the same Apple ID, and don’t utilize the cloud. Any data synced with Apple ID will be mirrored on the phones. You can use your phone number to chat using FaceTime on an iPhone. The messaging program is also IMessage.
You may utilize the same AppleID on multiple devices, including two iPhones. However, if you use the same AppleID for iCloud, iMessage, and FaceTime, you are using a single account for those services. All communications shared across all devices that use that AppleID
To keep your iTunes and App Store purchases, as well as iCloud storage space, synced across all of your iOS devices, we recommend that you use the same Apple ID for all Apple services on your device—including the iTunes & App Stores and iCloud. Using several Apple IDs might be confusing and prevent access to downloaded material or some services. You can’t combine multiple Apple accounts.