- Go to your profile.
- Tap your username at the top of the screen.
- Tap the account you’d like to switch to.
How to Manage Multiple Instagram Accounts on Desktop
How to Switch Between Multiple Instagram Accounts on a Computer | New
Write an article about how to switch between Instagram accounts on the computer. Some of you may be using one account for your personal and business use and would like to modify it accordingly. Another reason may be that you have created a new Instagram account for a specific project and want to manage two different accounts simultaneously on your desktop or laptop computer.
Let’s explore 10 ways to quickly switch between your Instagram accounts!
1. Add a new account on Facebook for Instagram
It might sound counterproductive, but if you open your Facebook profile and look for the “Log in” section from the right side of the page, you can add a brand-new Instagram account to it. This way, every time you hit that option from your profile, both accounts will be logged in!
2. Use an external app to manage your Instagram accounts Sometimes clicking through multiple tabs is not what we want because it takes time and effort. We prefer having all our social media profiles inside one window so we can view them instantly without going back and forth constantly. If this is the case with you as well, I recommend trying out iNsta which is a great app to manage all of your social profiles, not just Instagram. You can upload photos to multiple accounts at the same time, schedule them in bulk and get detailed analytics on each profile! Try it out here (Free): http://getiNsta.com
3. View two Instagram accounts on one screen using TweetDeck
TweetDeck is another useful desktop application that lets you view tweets, mentions and direct messages for more than one account at once. With this tool you can quickly switch between up to three different Twitter lists without refreshing the page! Check it out here: https://tweetdeck.twitter.com/
4. Use Instagram’s web version This method works only if you have already opened the Instagram page in your browser and haven’t logged out. If you have, simply open the web version from this link: http://web.instagram.com/ Next click on your profile picture from the top left side of the screen and select “Switch account…” to log into a completely different account!
5. Use a Chrome or Firefox extension
There are many extensions for Google’s browser that will let you quickly switch between multiple accounts on any website without having to refresh it, including Instagram. A few examples would be Switchy Plus for Twitter or MultiLogin .
6. Use an app to take screenshots Let’s say you use two separate profiles but don’t want to constantly take screenshots of each one for reference purposes – trying to catch the differences and similarities between them. Well, you can use an application like MayGaze , a screen capture tool that lets you take screenshots of two separate profiles at the same time!
7. Use Terminal to switch between accounts If you are a Mac user, open your Terminal from Applications > Utilities > Terminal and type: nidui -ni <username> Where <username> is the username of the account you want to log into. You will be prompted for your password which you should enter as usual and voilà! A new window should have opened with your desired profile logged in.
8. Using RescueTime If you’re looking for a more advanced way to quickly assess how much time you have spent on either of your accounts, try using RescueTime . It is an application that tracks the time you spend on each website and lets you know which ones are eating up more of your productive hours.
9. Create multiple profiles on the same device This way has its pros and cons like most things in life. If you go to Settings > Add Account on Instagram’s mobile version (or click “…” > Switch accounts), then type in a new username but leave all other fields empty, you will open a completely separate account! However, this solution won’t let you access content shared by both profiles at once because every single entry is tagged with the name of its author.
10. Use Facebook filters for temporary profile switching You can create what I call a “ghost profile” by using Facebook’s profile switching option. Here is how it works:
Create a new Facebook account with any name you want (let’s say John Doe) Go to your main Facebook profile, click on “Update info” and click on the newly created acount in the list of friends. Now delete this ghost account Go back to your main profile and you will see that all content shared by the ghost account has disappeared! Even though it doesn’t let you access both profiles at once, this method comes in handy when you want to apply some filters to your images but don’t feel like sharing them with everyone who follows you or likes your photos. You can simply create a ghost account, use all available filters for 15 minutes, then delete the account and all of its content will be automatically removed from your original profile.
MIA is a free add-on for Chrome that lets you switch between multiple logged in Instagram accounts without any fuss. Install the extension, log in to your Instagram accounts using it, and then click to change with one click. Switch between numerous Instagram profiles on your computer from anywhere.
Use your computer to go to Instagram.com and log in with your username and password. Then click on your profile photo to go to your profile screen. To modify your profile, click the Edit Profile option.
To proceed, tap your profile picture in the bottom right corner. To access your profile, tap your username in the upper left corner. You may add up to five accounts total.
Tap your profile icon on the bottom right of the Instagram iOS app to go to your account. Then tap the gear symbol, which will take you to your settings. Scroll all the way down and select “Add Account” from this page. You may either sign into an existing acount or establish a new one by using this page.
Tap in the bottom right to go to your profile. Tap in the top right, then tap Switch Accounts. Tap Add Account, then tap Log in with Instagram. Enter the username and password of the account you’d like to add.
Open the Instagram program on your computer. Log in using your account information (username and password). Select the “Following” option from the drop-down menu. To view a list of all of your followers, click in the upper right corner. From the drop-down menu, choose “Follow.”
You may surf your feed, communicate with pals, and post photos and Stories to Instagram on the internet. The desktop version of Instagram is starting to look like the mobile app. You can’t yet upload pictures to your feed or contribute to an Instagram Story from a computer.
Log in to your Instagram account using your preferred web browser. nLog in to your Instagram account at https://www.instagram.com/. Select the square with a plus sign on the top right corner. Continue reading for step-by-step instructions of each stage listed below: …nChoose the photo you wish to post.
However, Instagram does not allow users to combine several Instagram accounts. Unlike rival social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram does not enable users to mix and match numerous accounts. While Instagram allows people to create many accounts, it has yet to let them link them together.
You can’t use the same email address to create multiple Instagram accounts. You don’t have to come up with a new email address for each new account you establish, though. Instead of your email address, you can register for a second Instagram account through the app by providing your phone number instead.
There is no official Instagram for Mac software yet, therefore you have two alternatives in 2020 if you want to use it on a Mac. You may utilize a third-party program that connects to Instagram or install an Android emulator and use the Android version of Instagram on your Mac.