Delete your Gmail account permanently follow the instructions below:
- Go to myaccount.google.com.
- At the left, click Data and personalization.
- Scroll to “Download, delete, or make a plan for your data.”
- Click Delete a service or your account.
- Click Delete your account.
How to Delete your Gmail Account | permanently Delete a Gmail Account in Mac or PC
How to Delete Gmail Account Permanently
You’ve finally decided to delete your Gmail account. However, you’re wondering how do I delete my Gmail account permanently? The deletion process for this email service is quite different than other online services. If you want to get rid of it for good, follow these steps:
1) Sign out of your account and log in with another Google Account.
2) Click on the gear icon on the upper right-hand corner of the page and select “settings.”
3) Click on “Delete your account or services” under Personal info & privacy.
4) Scroll down until you see a list of all your accounts with Google listed next to them then click “Delete products”. 5) Choose which product you want to delete and click “Remove” or “Delete”.
6) When asked if you want to delete the account, click the link that says “Yes, delete it.” Now you will no longer have access to your Google account.
If for any reason this is not possible (e.g., somebody else is using your computer), then simply sign into Gmail using another account, go through the above steps, then log into your real/original Gmail with the original account. This way you can still get rid of it permanently without having to worry about somebody seeing your emails next time they use your computer.
What happens if you terminate your Gmail account. Your emails and mail settings will be erased. You won’t be able to send or receive email using your Gmail address anymore. … Your Google Account will not be deleted; only your Gmail service will be disabled.
Download your data before removing your Gmail service. Go to your Google Account. Select Data & privacy from the left-hand menu. Select “Data from apps and services you use.” Under “Delete a Google service,” select Delete a Google service. … Click Delete next to “Gmail.”
Locate the person whose email address you wish to update in your Google Contacts. In the white search bar, type their name. Select [Trascan] from the drop-down menu. Click the checkbox next to the incorrect/old email address. click the trashcan [Delete] button in the upper-right corner of the screen.
Download your data after canceling your Gmail service. Open the Settings app on your Android phone or tablet and select Data & privacy. …Tap Delete a Google service under Data from apps and services you use. …Click Delete next to Gmail to finish the process.
When you haven’t used your Gmail account for more than 24 months (two years), it’s declared inactive. If your account goes inactive, you risk losing any data stored in Gmail, such as emails, files, photographs, and videos. You will not lose the account, however.
Log into Gmail using the email address and password of your account. If you’re prompted to change your “username or password,” that’s a good indication that your Gmail account has been terminated.
With Gmail, anyone can access your account and change your password or lockout you. You may avoid this by enabling “two-step verification.” This is generally accomplished through Google texting a code to your mobile phone in Gmail. This is good until you lose connection or have no phone.