- Temporary session with restricted privileges The Ubuntu Guest Session feature provides a convenient way, with a high level of security, to lend your computer to someone else.
- A guest session can be launched either from the login screen or from within a regular session.
Ubuntu Install Guest Session
How to Disable Guest Account Session in Ubuntu 16.04
A guest session is a session that someone can use to log onto your computer, without the need to know your password. It’s generally used for troubleshooting or if you’re unable to access your account.
Guest sessions in Ubuntu are not available by default. You can install a Guest Session Manager to make them available.
To create a guest account in Ubuntu, you can use the following steps.
1) Press Ctrl+Alt+T to open the terminal and type:
2) Press Enter and enter your password.
3) Press Y and Enter to confirm the user creation.
4) Type: sudo passwd
5) Enter your password again and press Enter.
To disable the guest account in Ubuntu, open up the terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo usermod -s /bin/false guest
sudo passwd -l guest
To remove a guest session, go to the “Settings” tab and then select “Guest Sessions.” You can then choose to delete the active guest session or all of them.
You can disable root login by editing the “sudoers” file and adding a line:
%admin ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL
Then, restart the computer and try to log in as root. You should be prompted for your password.
Ubuntu has a guest account that is enabled by default. The user can log in as Guest and access the system without changing any of the current configuration settings.
Remove the lightdm package from your system.