- Tap on your Grindr profile.
- Select the Settings
- Tap on Deactivate.
- Select “Delete Account”
- Tap a reason for your account deletion.
- Provide us with some a brief feedback.
- Verify your account.
- Select Delete Profile.
How to delete a Grindr account permanently
Grindr data is an app that has been designed for gay men to meet other gay men. The app shows you a grid of profiles in your vicinity, and it gives the user various options as well as filtering features such as age range, ethnicity, body type etc. You can also see who’s online right now or use Grindr Xtra (paid version) which will show only people within reachable distances from you with the same filters applied on them. It was launched back in 2008 by Joel Simkhai during his studies at University of California Berkeley where he majored in Computer Science before dropping out because he felt there was a lack of social connection among students outside classes due.
A security researcher has discovered a vulnerability in the Grindr app that can give hackers access to your location, phone ID and email . The hacker can also use this data to create fake profiles with your information on it. This is done by intercepting all of the communications between you and the server (which are not encrypted).The user who found this loophole was able to see thousands of people’s personal details including their sexual preferences, HIV status and exact location without them knowing about it until now. He reported his findings back in March 2017 but nothing has been done since then despite promises from Grindr representatives they were working on fixing these issues.
How to Delete Grindr Account Permanently
Grindr Data: User Survey Analysis
The Grindr Data: User Survey Analysis is the first of its kind. Certainly, there have been other applications that offer a “Grindr” experience with different features and functionality; however, we are pleased to bring this report directly from our users in order for you to learn more about how they use their application. This survey was conducted February 2018 through March 2018 using an online questionnaire among Grindr users who completed at least one full cycle (i.e., meeting someone on Grindr and exchanging contact information). A total of 192 participants were surveyed across 18 countries including Australia, New Zealand, Thailand, Canada, United States, Chile and many others. The largest participant base came from the US where 57% of participants were from.
-We will be sharing some insights and findings in this series of blog posts about Grindr Data: User Survey Analysis which we hope you find informative!
-The first post is an introduction to the survey goals, methodology, and a brief overview of what users reported as their demographics
-Next week’s article will explore how people feel on Grindr through personality traits
Summary: We’re excited to share our user research with all! Below is a summary for those of you finding this for the first time:
– The survey had 192 respondents
– 57% of our participants were from the US
– Ages ranged between 18 and 65+ -The majority who identify their ethnicity are White, followed by Middle Easterners and Asians. African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, Multiracial people made up less than 15%. Latinx was not an option in this survey. We plan to include it in future research surveys!
We also found that there is a high percentage of Grindr users living with disabilities or mental health illnesses (20%) and a significant number reported identifying as LGBTQIA+. This information will be explored further through blog posts highlighting specific topics such as depression, anxiety, and LGBTQIA+ experiences.
– The survey had 192 respondents out of 222 people who answered – 57% of our participants were from the US with varying states represented (California: 48%, Texas 40%) – Ages ranged between 18 and 65+, most on Grindr are in their 20s or 30s.
-The majority who identify their ethnicity are White, followed by Middle Easterners and Asians. African Americans, Hispanics/Latinos, Multiracial people made up less than 15%. Latinx was not an option in this survey but we plan to include it in future research surveys! We also found that there is a high percentage of Grindr users living with disabilities or mental health issues .
– We found that Grindr users are more likely to be looking for FWB than their counterparts on other apps like Tinder or Bumble who were matched as romantic partners in the survey.
– People of all races and ethnicities use Grindr but it’s difficult to tell which specific group is most dominant since we don’t have a lot of data yet, though White people make up 56%.
1. Tap on your Grindr profile.
2. Select the Settings
3. Tap on Deactivate.
4. Select “Delete Account“
5. Tap a reason for your account deletion.
6. Provide us with some a brief feedback.
7. Verify your account.
8. Select Delete Profile.